Wednesday, April 28, 2010

some old musings/poetry

a breeze blows the curtains in
while setting in my hands again
creamy brown skin of tender feet
cupping an ankle a path is traced
fingertips and ecstasy interlaced

she left her shoes out in the back
slender and black amongst the grass
her cares fleeting like the summer breeze
running 'round my back yard
red painted nails, a flirtatious tease

the torches cast a warm glow
amongst the mooncast shadows
your lipstick ghosts the glass
and I can't help but wonder
Should I wash it last?
or maybe never?

I still chase those threads
those things we never said
now only ghosts of whispers
like your lips on my glass
the taste is faint
but the memories last





answers are all that I want
Illuminate the truth
of what I am and what I was
don't play me by slight
don't put up a front

It's not in a mirror
I seem to have found
and it's not within
it's a trouble of some sort
a long time waiting to confront

illuminate to me
amidst our fading light
so that what we once had
is something more than a shadow
left in the frame of your gallow




I see myself
sitting on the beach
watching the sun rise
then set beyond the reef

it's rhythm and it's pulse
wash oe'r the days
that come and go
like the tide in some lunar way

so just out of reach
the daydreams in mind
for soon the sands of reality
settle into my eyes

i rub them clear
and find myself always
as the seasons merge
winter to spring
in the midwest every year

No comments: